Sunday 22 February 2015

Introductions are futile


Ever heard the phrase "Be careful what you wish for"?
Or how about "Its good to talk"?
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get"?
All the above could describe your past/future/lifestyle and indeed all the above have something in common: They are quotes.
  Quotes are a powerful thing and we use popular quotes in everyday life more than you probably think. Why? Because quotes enable us to connect and sympathise and recollect and generally make us realise that we may not be alone in this big game of life after all.
  What's my point with all this you may ask? Of course it would be wise and prudent to ask such a thing of me. Well my point dear reader is to activate that other common but widely unknown mechanic that popular culture uses on us on a regular basis: The hook.
   Yes my point is to interest you in my blog of inane ramblings ( some serious but most comical I assure you) and subconsciously get you to prod that like button. My aim in this blog is to comment and discuss, To rant and to analyse anything and everything, Mostly regarding things that interest me like film's, video games and pop culture because if I'm the one writing all this it should be something that I enjoy writing about. Here's hoping you will too.
   So of course an introduction regarding quotes wouldn't be much of an introduction without one. But which one best sum's up this page and entices you to keep on reading my blog? Ah, got it...ahem: "BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID"




oh and I am 33, married, enjoy long walks on thE beach and pink sunsets etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment